Cats, cats, and more cats...

https://tina-parkhurst.pixels.com

If anyone ever tells you that they want to be a cat photographer, the first thing that you should do is to advise them to get a mental health check. Photographing animals, especially cats, can be extremely difficult and nerve-racking at times. Imagine trying to shoot a hummingbird in flight with a pea shooter at 20 ft...It's virtually impossible. Unless the only thing you do is photograph cats while they are sleeping, it's a difficult task because they are always moving and when they do, it changes everything from lighting to focus, and composition in general.

I'm very fortunate in that I get a lot of practice with my cats at home and in particular, Mack is an excellent model. 
I had the opportunity to shoot some cats that were not my own today and it reminded me of why I love doing it and how grateful I am for digital photography because you will probably have to take 100 shots to get 10 good ones if you are fortunate and good at what you do.

When it comes to photographing cats, I delete a lot more images than I keep. These are some that I took today while I was having some work done on my truck.


Sometimes, your subjects want to check things out... LOL 

Comments

Popular Posts