Lesson Learned

We recently got our first real snow here in Colorado Springs. I woke up early and was SO excited when I saw the moon hanging over the Rockies with a fresh dusting of their first snow. In my rush to get my gear and get out the door, I dropped my camera body and big lens in the driveway (I think my soul momentarily left my body) because my camera bag wasn't zipped all the way around the top. When I picked it up to test it... I couldn't get the shutter to fire. I was devastated. 

The good news is that after I had some time to get past the initial fear reaction, I was able to diagnose things properly and discovered that the memory cards had been jostled loose - thereby rendering the camera useless. Thankfully, I fixed the problem and it's perfectly ok. 

In the meantime, I had to do the best I could that morning by tweaking my cell phone camera settings. It's nowhere near the quality of my Nikon D750 but I hope they are good enough for you to see the beauty of that morning. 








Comments

Popular Posts